- Koji Tsuboi, Toho University
- Shin Fukudo, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine
- Gen Komaki, International University of Health and Welfare
- Joost Dekker, VU University Medical Center
- Lorraine Dennerstein, University of Melbourne
- Hans-Christian Deter, Charité - University Medicine Berlin
- Richard D Lane, University of Arizona
- Jong Min Woo, Inje University Seoul Paik Hospital
- Stephan Zipfel, University of Tuebingen
Society affiliationsBioPsychoSocial Medicine is the official journal of the Japanese Society of Psychosomatic Medicine
Note to authors and society members
If the first author of an article is a member of the Japanese Society of Psychosomatic Medicine, we offer a discount of article-processing charge. A membership account number will be provided by the society for use when submitting a new manuscript to BioPsychoSocial Medicine.
If you would like to join the society to take advantage of the support and additionally the discount on the BioPsychoSocial Medicine article-processing charge, please contact the Administration Office.
Aims & scope
BioPsychoSocial Medicine is an open access, peer-reviewed online journal that encompasses all aspects of the interrelationships between the biological, psychological, social, and behavioral factors of health and illness.
New thematic series
Edited by Takakazu Oka (Kyushu University, Japan), this thematic series is to introduce the ways in which Japanese physicians have sought to integrate Kampo and modern medicine in their psychosomatic medical practices, the usefulness of Kampo in psychosomatic medicine, and the problems that have recently emerged.
The Ikemi Award in BioPsychoSocial Medicine
To stimulate research in psychosomatic medicine and to enhance the submission of high quality manuscripts, BioPsychoSocial Medicine annually sponsors "The Ikemi Award", which is presented to the recipient at the general assembly of the Japanese Society of Psychosomatic Medicine each year.
For more information, please visit the award webpage.
The gut-brain axis: Emerging evidence in health and disease
Published: 23 May 2014
Last updated: 13 September 2014